Happy Thanksgiving, one and all! I wish everyone a fine day full of scrumptious food and good times with loved ones. I have a few Thanksgiving thoughts to share today.
There are so many components that go into the game we love, and I’m not just thankful for baseball, but for all those little moving parts. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- I’m thankful for all the individuals whose hard work makes my enjoyment of the game possible. From the upper management to media personnel, to grounds-crews, ticket takers and security guards (the security guards always seem like particularly awesome people to me.)
- I’m thankful for the fascinating history of the game.
- I’m thankful for my teams, the Chicago Cubs and New Market Rebels, both whom have provided a wealth of joy and memories throughout the years.
- I’m thankful for the numerous mediums that help keep me connected to the game- internet, television, radio, magazines, etc.,
- I am thankful for the guys who play the game, whose God-given talents extend as a blessing to all the fans.
- Finally, I’m thankful for all those ballplayers who use the platform they’ve been given for good.
I am, of course, grateful for many other things, and many more important things, than baseball. I can’t not acknowledge my loving family, beautiful friends and gracious heavenly Father. I am blessed beyond the bounds of comprehension. I encourage everyone to give thanks with a grateful heart, not just today, but every day.